- 1.5 to 2 pounds salmon
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- Salt, pepper and dill
- Bunch of asparagus
- 4-6 slices of bacon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Prepare baking dish for salmon and baking sheet for asparagus with olive oil cooking spray.
- Rinse salmon if necessary.
- Place salmon in baking dish; squeeze juice from 1/2 lemon over top of salmon.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and dill over salmon as desired. Set aside
- Rinse and break off ends of asparagus. Separate asparagus into bundles of about 4-5 stalks per piece of bacon. As you hold the stalks together, wrap bacon around asparagus starting from the bottom; working your way up the stalks.
- Place asparagus-bacon bundles on prepared baking sheet and season with a bit of pepper (unless your bacon is already peppered).
- Bake both salmon and asparagus at the same time. You should have plenty of room to place both on the middle rack in the oven. If not; separate baking times.
- Bake salmon for 20-25 min depending on how thoroughly cooked you prefer your fish.
- Bake asparagus for about 20-25 min or until bacon is cooked to your liking.
- Plate both salmon and asparagus and D-O-N-E! Dinner is ready in less than 35 min.
Let us know what you think of the recipe; share your thoughts in the comments below or post a picture of your delicious dish on Instagram and be sure to tag Compete Every Day.